Get ready for the PTU Exam Date 2023! Discover the courses, eligibility criteria, and key information about Punjab Technical University’s entrance tests. Find answers to FAQs and ensure you’re prepared for your career-defining day.
As you embark on the journey to shape your career, the PTU exam date stands as a pivotal moment. Being well-informed about this date can significantly impact your preparation strategy. To guide you through this important information, let’s delve into the essentials of the PTU exam for 2023.
Table of Contents
Understanding PTU and Its Exam Dates:
- Full Form: Punjab Technical University (PTU)
- Type of Exam: Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) Entrance Exams
- Level of Exam: State Level
- Courses Offered: Medical, Engineering, Pharmacy, and Similar Fields
- Conducted by: I.K. Gujrat Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar
- Application Mode: Online
- Exam Mode: Offline
- Exam Duration: 2 hours
- Date of Exam: To be announced
- Helpline: +91-1822-662533,35,82
- Email: [email protected]
Recommended: PTU Exam Results RELEASED!
Courses Under the Entrance Test:
- M.Sc. (Physics)
- B. Urban Planning
- M.Sc. (Chemistry)
- B. Arch
- M.Sc. (Mathematics)
- M. Arch
- M.Sc. (Food Science and Technology)
- M. Tech
- MA (Journalism and Mass Communication)
- B. Pharma
Eligibility Criteria for PTU 2023:
- Qualification: 12th Exam/Diploma degree or two-year certificate course from SLIET.
- Subjects: Compulsory Mathematics and Physics, with Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, or Computer Science.
- JEE Main 2023 Scorecard with acceptable scores.
B.Tech (Lateral Entry):
- Qualification: Diploma or 10+2 or B.Sc. exam.
- Subject: 10+2 with Mathematics.
- Minimum Marks: 45% marks (40% for SC/ST category).
- Qualification: 10+2 or 10+3 Diploma course or equivalent.
- Minimum Marks: 50% marks in qualifying exam.
- Valid NATA 2023 scorecard.
- Qualification: Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one subject from Maths/Computer/Biology/Biotechnology.
- B.Pharma (Lateral entry): Pass Diploma with 45% marks in Pharma (40% for SC/ST).
- Qualification: B.E/B.Tech degree with 50% marks.
- Valid CMAT scorecard.
- Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in any stream.
- Valid CMAT score.
- Qualification: Three years of Bachelor’s degree.
- Mandatory/optional/additional paper in Maths/Business Maths/Statistics/Quantitative techniques at 10+2 or graduation level.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- What is PTU exam date for 2023?
- The specific exam dates are yet to be announced. Keep an eye on official announcements.
- How do I apply for PTU exams?
- Apply online through the official PTU website.
- What courses does PTU offer?
- PTU offers various UG and PG courses, including B.Tech, B.Arch, MBA, M.Tech, and more.
- Is there a helpline for queries?
- Yes, you can reach out to PTU’s helpline at +91-1822-662533,35,82 or email [email protected].
- What are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech (Lateral Entry)?
- You need a diploma or 10+2 or B.Sc. qualification, with 10+2 having Mathematics and minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST).
Understanding the PTU exam date, courses, and eligibility criteria is crucial for your preparation journey. By being well-prepared and informed, you’ll be ready to excel on your career-defining day.