UNISA, a publicly funded Institution in South Africa dedicated to distance education, is inviting applications for a position in the College of Accounting Sciences. We are seeking a successful candidate for a substantive position, either as an Associate Professor or Senior Lecturer, who will also fulfill the role of Chair of the Department of Auditing.
Table of Contents
Requirements for the Chair of Department Position
- Applicable qualification in the field of Accounting Sciences at NQF level 9 (Masters’ degree)
- Registered for a Doctoral degree
- Registration with any recognized accounting professional bodies (including auditing, management accounting, and taxation)
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience in higher education and academia, or relevant industry-based/commercial experience with at least two (2) years of management experience in an academic leadership role
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, contract management principles and practices, basic budgeting principles and practices, project management principles and practices, applicable software systems, digital production equipment, eLearning principles and practices, and the requirements and practices of the accounting profession
- Knowledge of current and emerging educational technology
Duties of the Chair of Department (UNISA Vacancies)
- Establishing the vision and goals, and overseeing the work plans for the department’s eLearning program in collaboration with the School Director and college management
- Supporting the development of strategic offerings/initiatives and ensuring compliance with accessibility regulations
- Planning, implementing, and managing the online course development process, including department training, instructional design, and quality course design reviews
- Overseeing the implementation of department professional development programs related to online teaching and other academic initiatives
- Implementing the objectives of the college’s operational plan and transformation objectives
- Developing and implementing plans to address accessibility in online instruction, including compliance with regulations and support in designing accessible course materials
- Supervising academic, professional, technical/support staff, and casual/student workers
- Ensuring efficient management and administration of the department, including proper utilization of staff, discipline, sound labor relations, and care for UNISA property
- Researching, developing, and facilitating quality training opportunities for the use of technology in instruction
- Researching and implementing new instructional strategies and emerging technologies
- Planning, managing budgets, and evaluating projects and productions for the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). While integrating activities with the department’s online and operational functions
Application Process UNISA Vacancies 2023
Applicants must submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, proof of qualifications, academic transcripts/records, and a teaching statement for academic positions. UNISA reserves the right to authenticate all qualifications without further consent from the applicant. Shortlisted candidates who applied the UNISA Vacancies will be required to make a 10-minute presentation on a provided topic.
Please email all applications to [email protected] before 16h00 on the closing date, 09 August 2023.
UNISA Vacancies 2023 applications is welcome from Persons with Disabilities. UNISA will make appointments in accordance with its Employment Equity Plan and other applicable legislation. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Please accept that your application was not successful if you have not been contacted.
UNISA Support Services: Counseling Tutoring and Academic Assistance 2024
UNISA Programs and Courses: Extensive Guide to Available Degrees
Time Management Strategy for Success at UNISA Be a Master
Study Groups at UNISA: Unlocking Collaborative Learning through Voice Search 2024
10 steps to UNISA Library Resources: Accessing Digital Journals and E-Books 2024
UNISA Student Portal: MyUnisa A Comprehensive Guide 2024
How to Pursue Online Education on Your Terms: Embracing Flexible Learning at UNISA 2023
UNISA Academic Calendar For 2023
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media: follow us on our facebook for the latest information, but if you have thoughts please feel free to express in the comment session below.